Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I am Woman hear me roar

My husband often jokingly teases, with a slight bit of belief on his part, that I am a feminist. My reply to him is always " I believe in the equality, strength, and power of womanhood." To me that is not the feminism he is accusing me of! This is more along the lines of what I think he thinks the definition of feminism is (from urban dictionary) "feminist believe that men should have no rights and should be killed." Haha ok maybe that is a little extreme but along those lines of man hating. 
On Saturday I attended the General Relief Society Meeting and the majority of it was about the strength of the woman in the Church. It was a great meeting and I especially was thankful to hear the talk by President Uchtdorf, which gave me a new flower to love. He talked about Forget me not's and the 5 things we should never forget. My favorite thing he said to never forget was how much our Father in Heaven loves us.

    "Sisters, wherever you are, whatever the circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love."
 That hit me so hard! How beautiful is that? How many blessings we have in our lives just for that simple reason, because our Heavenly Father loves us! I love to learn new things in this gospel but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the simple truths of it and the power that comes from knowing those simple truths. My favorite primary hymn is My Heavenly Father Loves Me, and every time I hear it I am reminded of how much my Father in Heaven loves me and it always brings me to tears. 
I was also grateful for the reminder that Women are important to the work that needs to be done in the church and in our homes. It is so easy sometimes to feel forgotten, or not important or just stressed by everyday things! If this makes me a feminist than I will gladly claim it! 
http://lds.org/pages/general-rs-meeting-2011?lang=eng



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share if you dare!!!