Friday, September 16, 2011

Our unspoken war

Well for starters ever since we got married Trevor has made it pretty clear that he disliked my nonchalant attitude about where to squeeze the toothpaste out of. He has always liked to squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom and I just don"t care. Anyways on with the real story! When we were first married I, trying to be the thoughtful caring wife I am, would replace the empty toothpaste tube with another one of the many we have under our sink. (Now you know how easy it is to replace!)
One day after many months of this diligent work of mine I noticed that my sweet husband would squeeze the toothpaste with all his strength to get out the last little bit of toothpaste just so he wouldn't have to replace the toothpaste! SO I decided to do a little test the next  time the toothpaste needed to be replaced. I did everything I could to put off  replacing the toothpaste and this went on for several months and every month I was right he just wanted me to replace the toothpaste! We have never acknowledged this little battle between ourselves until today. For the last few days the toothpaste has needed to be replaced with a new one and for the first few days we both just squeezed out as much as we could of what was left and then when I couldn't do that I started using the trial sizes we had in the drawer. This morning I hear Trevor say, " KATE, did you brush your teeth yesterday?" I replied that I had. He asked, " With what?" I said toothpaste and he was confused because apparently it was really hard for him to get anything out of the toothpaste yesterday morning and I just smiled and FINALLY knew for sure that he really was just trying to get me replace it all along! After this I saw him in the bathroom using a trial size and he realized that this was what I had been to doing too. So this morning when he left I made my come back and in my best Mandy Moore from Tangled voice, "have hidden it where you'll never find it (trial sized toothpastes)" my dear husband! Game on!

 
Although I know that his rebuttal will probably be to embrace his inner mountain man and not brush his teeth!!! Oh well
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share if you dare!!!