Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wow that was embarrassing!!!

As of late I have accomplished many epic fails, my blog header being one of the big ones! In case you hadn't seen I made a new blog header which I am totally completely in love with! One day I was talking to my mother on the phone, which I do frequently, and she asked what was special about 9.15.2009. She thought maybe that was when I had started this blog! I couldn't believe that I got my own anniversary wrong! How embarrassing! The worst part is that while I was creating this header I thought to myself "how embarrassing would it be if I put the wrong date for my anniversary on here!" So I double checked and really thought that the 9 month of the year was August! I completely blame this total fluke on mommy brain. It is the sad truth that my brain just hasn't been the same since my sweet little baby girls came to this earth. Or maybe it is just a good excuse for my tendency to not pay as much attention as I should!!! Either way it was an epic fail.


I also will include a few other embarrassing moments that weren't nearly as globally embarrassing but still embarrassing. My in laws came to visit the weekend of conference and stayed with us, which we were pretty excited about since we are homeowners now. On Sunday night my Mother in law made dinner for us and after dinner she asked if we had anything sweet. I was thinking something sweet sounded good too so Trevor suggested I make almond poppy-seed muffins. I wanted chocolate chip cookies so I decided to make both. After the allotted time I took the cookies out, which were done before the muffins, and it looked a lot more like one big giant flat cookie. I checked the recipe and I doubled the butter! I was so upset but at least we still had the muffins!!! I ran to use the bathroom in the last few minutes before I had to take the muffins out of the oven. Well, the few minutes I spent taking care of that business ended up being a few minutes to long and I burned the muffins! At this point I was really embarrassed because not only had I ruined 1 sweet treat in a matter of minutes but 2 and not to mention my Mother in law is a really good cook!!! Needless to say it was not my shining moment. Oh well, though, there is always another time and plenty of practice in between!!!








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share if you dare!!!