Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Month of Gratitude: Day 1

I have been seeing this all over facebook and decided what could be more awesome than an entire month dedicated to things I am thankful for. SO that being said.......

Day 1: I am so grateful for the power of forgiveness!!!

I wanted to be cliche and say how grateful for my family I am (which I am) but then I decided I wanted this challenge to be real, and today I am grateful for forgiveness.

I found these and liked them......

    I was having an interesting conversation with my mother about a family member that is doing something that we don't agree with. It was a hard conversation because we both would like to deal with the situation differently, and because of that I hope that my mother will forgive me for wanting to handle this situation the way I need to. Also to the family member this story is referring to. I hope you understand the things you are sacrificing and the pain you are causing to another family member and I sincerely hope that you change your behavior. The truth is I don't really have faith in that because I know you are unhappy so to the family member you are directly hurting. This quote above is such a powerful one for what you are going through. You are strong and I hope you know this is not your fault and the person hurting you will understand someday that they were wrong. I love you and I will always do my best to be there for you. I also hope you forgive me for handling this situation differently from how you might!!!

This quote hit me very personally. I have had a hard time forgiving someone who I love very much. If you are an FB friend you probably remember the post a while back where I posted a very serious question, "how do you forgive someone who constantly is doing things to betray your trust!" I have struggled and struggled with this question. I want to forgive this person, in fact I feel like forgiveness has always been a strong suit of mine because I am just far too lax to hold on to anything for long, but not this time. This time was different, I am afraid to forgive this person because I am afraid to be proven wrong again. But this quote rings truth to me, sometimes you don't need to involve reason and logic in forgiveness you forgive someone because you want...... you need them in your life and by not forgiving them you are only causing potentially fatal consequences. So to this person, I need you in my life, I will never be able to forget what happened, it still makes me cry to think about it, but I will forgive you because I want you in my life!

To all you readers if there is someone you need to forgive or you have been forgiven by someone else I hope you know how powerful it is. I know that I am grateful for it, I know that I will need forgiveness a time or two in my life and I only hope that people will be able to forgive me for not being perfect.

So here is my start to A Month of Gratitude!!! Stay tuned........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share if you dare!!!