Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This thing they call Motherhood

While talking with my mother this morning we briefly talked about how hard it can be to be a mother.  To feel like all you do is care for your children and love them through everything and do your best by them and it feels like it never gets easier, just harder. I so understand that feeling. Some days I feel like my days are just go, go, go, go and I have almost nothing to show for it at the end of the day. For instance, there are days when I feel like I just tend to children every minute of the day and then I look around and my house is a mess and I think "what have I done with this day?" Sometimes the answer is clear........ I was a Mom ALL DAY! Other times I just feel like a failure. The scary truth of motherhood is that it is hard work and sometimes it doesn't feel like anything is working out.


 We get to do all the hard mom stuff: Carry babies in our wombs, get up in the middle of the night, get up early, become a caravan, wipe away tears, heal wounds, change countless diapers, feed little faces, get food on your cute clothes and occasionally in your hair, have crying/ screaming children at your feet, rarely enjoy moments of peace and quiet, and never feeling like there is enough hours in the day to do everything you need to. BUT through all the hard work of being a mom you don't ever dwell on those things too much because you have: Sweet smiles, magical kisses, tender cuddles in the middle of the night, lots of laughter, nap time, rare long showers, learning about life , growing up, experiencing new things, and all you really do need is love. All the money in the world couldn't buy the love a mother will always have for her children even after they grow big! So here is a shout out to all you mothers in the world, I know how you feel and you are amazing for working hard to raise your children! And a personal shout out to my own Mom, even though my sisters and I are mostly grown and it still feels hard to be a mother i hope you know how much I love and appreciate you. You are my rock, my best friend, my confidant. You have taught me the importance of loving people, turning to Christ, getting down on my knees when I just don't know what else to do, finding things to laugh about, trying my best to solve a problem, and realizing that rich or poor family is everything. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing mother and she was blessed with such wonderful parents who couldn't love their family more. Love is enough, because love is the most powerful thing in the world. So mothers............ Rock on!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Share if you dare!!!